- This event has passed.
“Old Pueblo – Young People” fundraising raffle
November 13, 2015 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$5.00
The Twelfth “Old Pueblo – Young People” fundraising raffle will be held on November 13, 2015 at Old Pueblo Archaeology Center, 2201 W. 44th Street to benefit Old Pueblo’s children’s archaeology education programs. We need your assistance to allow underprivileged kids to experience the joys of archaeology, science, & math.
Tickets for the “Old Pueblo – Young People” raffle are $5 apiece or five tickets for $20. You don’t need to be present to win!
Art prizes to be given away in the Old Pueblo – Young People raffle SO FAR (more will be added when we get photos of them!) include:
GRAND PRIZE: RED, BLACK, GRAY, & WHITE, 66″ X 37″ NAVAJO RUG-SADDLE BLANKET
from the estate of Donna Cosulich, appraised in November 2012 at $750-800 by Tucson’s Grey Dog Trading and at $700-$800 by Tucson’s Bahti Indian Arts.
1. Gray and smudged pottery seed jar by Kickapoo-Potawatomi artist Pahponee with sgraffito anthropomorph, deer, spiral, fish, Zia Sun, snake, Eagle Dancer, moon, comet, bird, bison, and shield designs, incised with “Pahponee” and with crosshairs-in-circle and © designs on bottom, 6½ inches diameter by 3½ inches tall; valued at $600 by Bahti Indian Arts in November 2012. (Photo 186)
2. Tohono O’odham (Papago) closed-stitch basket, bowl with geometric design, 8 inches diameter by 3 inches tall; valued at $200+ by Bahti Indian Arts in November 2012 (Photo 170)
3. Kachina doll on carved wooden pedestal, 9¼ inches tall, spiral body emanating from carved pueblo at base, labeled “Qoia Mana Todazafene” on bottom; probably Todachene (Navajo) according to Mark Bahti; valued at $90-$110 by Bahti Indian Arts in November 2012. (Photo 157)
4. Carved wooden mask, ca. 12″ tall, tag inside says Terascan (Mexico), 7/98, c.1900?, 107.65 (mask is quite fragile); valued at $125 by Bahti Indian Arts in August 2010 if age is authentic (which is uncertain). (Photo 128)
5. Navajo prayer bundle fetish w/ reeds, feathers & piece of 6″ stone or petrified wood w/ face w/ bead eyes & mouth (Photo 19)
MORE PRIZES TO BE ADDED! Contact Old Pueblo at 520-798-1201 or email@example.com for tickets and updated prize information.